Asset Finder Plugin
The Asset Finder Plugin helps you to easily find and link any geo-referenced asset from your database to hundreds of kilometers of Streetview recordings.
How It Works:
Need to pinpoint an exact location asset? The Asset Finder Plugin helps you to create unique links that describe the location of your Streetviews’ assets. Each link is unique to a specific location, built from the following data:
Latitude + Longitude + (Optional) Altitude + Asset Description
For example, let’s take the following information:
- Asset latitude: 50.00271909
- Asset longitude: 8.64796904
- Asset altitude: 177
- Description: Fliesen Center Langen
Input these details into the Asset Finder Plugin and it will automatically create a specific URL. Save this URL and refer back to it whenever you need to during your work!
When you click on one of the custom links, a player with the Asset Finder Plugin will open in a new browser window. It will:
- Search, find, and open the Streetview closest to the latitude/longitude coordinates provided
- Automatically pan left/right and up/down to show the latitude/longitude coordinates provided
- Display a green marker on the map
- Display a green marker on the Streetview
- Display the description of your asset, together with the latitude, longitude and altitude in the top right-hand corner of the screen
Optionally, you can use the free open-source custom data plugin for the player to build a database interface, to show your own custom data and save data retrieved from the Streetview. This custom data plugin is part of every player generated by the Creator program.